Iced Coffee

I love iced coffee.  I drink a Dunkin Donuts toasted almond iced coffee all year round.  I don't care if it's snowing outside.  I love it.  Give me iced coffee over hot chocolate any day.  At home, though, I only make iced coffee when the weather starts to warm up.  Being that it's spring, it's time! 

I make my iced coffee using the leftovers in the carafe from the morning pot.  Any recipe I've ever seen uses instant coffee granules, but I don't ever have any here and am not inclined to buy them.  My biggest problem is the coffee becoming too watery too quickly, even if the coffee I'm using is already cold.  Insert my genius moment...I bought ice cube trays and filled them up with coffee.  Voila!  Coffee ice cubes.  When they melt, you get more coffee.

You'll notice there is a LOT of sugar in my recipe.  You don't have to use that much.  I'm one of those strange people that likes the crunch of the unmelted sugar.

Here is my favorite at-home recipe (nothing will ever beat out my DD toasted almond).

2 c cold coffee
enough coffee ice cubes to fill the cup
2-3 tsp sugar
1 tsp Cinnabon coffee creamer (or whatever you have on hand)

Put the ice cubes in your cup (preferably a large insulated cup).  Add the sugar.  Pour the coffee over the sugary ice.  Gently stir in the creamer.  Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment