Pumpkin Drop Cookies

I found this in an old Taste of Home magazine, and totally made it my own because I didn't have the right ingredients.  It says it should make 11 dozen, but I'm guessing those are half-dollar size cookies.  Mine are much bigger, so we're talking more like 36 cookies.  So here it is--my version.

1/2 c butter-flavored shortening
2 c brown sugar
1/2 an envelope of vanilla pudding
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
2 eggs
1/2 c milk
3 c all-purpose flour
3 c oats
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground allspice
1/2 tsp ground cloves

In a large mixing bowl, cream the shortening and sugar.  Beat in the pumpkin, eggs and milk.  In another large bowl, combine the flour, pudding, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, allspice and cloves.  Gradually add to creamed mixture.  Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheet. 

Bake at 375 for 14 minutes or until lightly browned.  Remove to wire racks to cool completely.

**I did three different variations of this also:  plain, sprinkled with shaved chocolate, and with added raisins. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment