Honey Corn Muffins

I made these very easy muffins today for the first time, courtesy of Cafe Oklahoma by the Junior Service League of Midwest City, OK.  They turned out very good; moist and flavorful.  As with every recipe I try, it never comes out the way the recipe says it will...this recipe says it makes 1 dozen muffins.  It would easily make 18.  I don't know, because I ran out of papers after the first dozen and ended up using my mini muffin pan.  The recipe says to bake the muffins for 20-22 minutes, but with my recent overbaking of things due to the recipes, I left them (full size) in there for 15.  They were perfectly done.  The mini muffins only required 10 minutes. 

They are not overly sweet, as you might think.  Next time I think I will try maple syrup...

Yield 1 dozen

1 c yellow cornmeal
1 c milk
1/4 c sour cream
1 egg
1/4 c honey
1/3 c butter, melted
1/3 c sugar
1 1/4 c flour
1 Tbsp baking powder

Heat oven to 400.  Beat together first seven ingredients until blended.  In separate bowl, stir together flour and baking powder.  Add to batter.  Stir until well blended, but do not overmix.  Divide batter between 12 paper-lined muffin cups.  Bake 20-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

0 comments:

Post a Comment